161st Belchertown Fair Parade September 22, 2018
2017 Parade Sponsors include First Student Busing and Ken Hislop. Additional sponsors will be added as they are received.
Everyone loves a Parade and the Belchertown Fair is no exception. The annual “Fair Day Parade” is held on Fair Saturday starting at 10 AM sharp . A pre-parade concert on the lawn of the Clapp Memorial Library by the award winning BHS Marching Band. kicks off the festivities. The parade route starts from the staging area on South Main St and runs North along the Common on Main St and then to the corner of Rte 9 and 202. You are cordially invited to participate either ,as a parade participant or as one of the thousands who line the parade route ready to clap and cheer for their groups, causes, friends and neighbors. Parade entries get bigger and better each year as they incorporate the theme. This years theme is ” Wheels and Squeals”. Get creative and have fun with the theme! There is a Special Judges Award for the best presentation of the theme.
- The Parade steps off promptly at 10 AM on Saturday morning. The parade route is very busy. All parade participants are requested to be in place NO LATER THAN 9AM. If you have a large float please plan on being there earlier.
- If you are a spectator, we recommend you settle into your favorite spot. Breakfast picnics have become quite popular for the pre-parade wait. And ,of course ,don’t miss the BHS Band concert at 9:30 on the Clapp Memorial Library Lawn.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST and PARTICIPATION IN THIS YEARS PARADE. For information about participating in the parade,call Kevin at 413-323-6654. Participants should be there early. Participants should plan on being in place by 9:00AM, earlier if you have a larger float
PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY WHETHER PICKING YOUR SPOT OR GETTING IN LINE, THE PARADE ROUTE IS CONGESTED AND HAS MANY VEHICLES AND PEOPLE ON THE ROAD
To Join in the fun:
1.THE EASIEST WAY IS TO COMPLETE THE ON LINE PARADE APPLICATION BELOW IN RED. It will automatically be submitted to the Parade Director and save you a stamp.
2. Or download and complete the paper copy located below the electronic form.
3. Mail the fully completed application by September 10,2018 with a detailed write up of your entry for the announcers to read from the re viewers stand to Belchertown Fair Parade,PO Box 670, Belchertown,Ma 01007.
4. You will receive an email confirmation that your entry has been received.
5. 3-5 days before the parade,you will receive an email indicating that the parade line up has been postedon the website.
6. In the meantime ,put your thinking caps on an create an entry that will tell the audience about you, your group or your message.
1.Parade winners will be posted by 3:00PM at the Gazebo.
2. Winners in the categories of antique cars, trucks, tractors, emergency apparatus, professional and amateur marching units can pick up their ribbons and cash awards between 3:00-6:00PM. A W-9 is not necessary if you pick up in person at this time. After 6:00 PM ,ribbons may be picked up, but a check will be mailed to the winner only after a completed W-9 is received.
3 All other winners,floats and bands may pick up their ribbon at the Gazebo, but payment will be made after the Fair by check and will require a completed W-9. Blank-W-9-PDF
4. If you need more info, do not hesitate to call Kevin Brown 413-323-6654 or Scott Brown 413-885-3420
ON LINE PARADE APPLICATION
NEED TO AVOID THE TOWN CENTER BECAUSE OF OTHER PLANS?
Traffic can be difficult when the fair is in town especially on Saturday morning. If you are unsure of your way around the town center let us help you out.
PLEASE NO PETS, Service Animals always Welcome