Belchertown Fair is privileged to have one of the best exhibit halls in the state. With a wide variety of categories for both youth and adults, there are plenty of opportunities for local farmers and crafters, photographers and special interest groups to enter unique displays. The 2018 theme is “Wheels and Squeels”. Until the 2018 exhibit hall book is available, the 2017 Exhibit Hall booklet is available for your review below. There are categories and special awards for everyone. Plan your entries now in your favorite category,but be sure to look through the booklet for new categories as well. Without question, you want to be included in the fun at the Exhibit Hall fair weekend. Free demonstrations will be taking place throughout the weekend. The schedule will be posted as it is finalized.
2018 EXHIBIT HALL SPONSORS
Friends of the Fair Additional sponsors will be added as they are received.
EXHIBIT HALL SCHEDULE
6-8pm Entry Drop Off
4:30-8:30pm Entry Drop Off
2:30 -6:30 pm Perishable entry Drop Off
Doors close 6:30pm sharp !
All entries must be in place by 6:45pm
4-8:30 pm Open
12 Noon -8:30 pm Open
11 AM-4:00 pm Open
5-6 pm All entries must be picked up!
Entries not picked up will be donated
EXHIBIT HALL VOLUNTEERS
We need volunteers of ALL ages! There is something to do every day during fair week. No special skill required. Essential ingredient is enthusiasm, willingness to make new friends and have a great time. Tasks include:
- Hall set up-Sunday 9/16 11 AM until done
- Exhibit check in- Mon.9/17 6-8 pm
- Tues 9/18 4:30-8:30 pm
- Wed. 9/29 2:30-6:30 pm
- Hall decorating Thurs 9/20 12:00pm until done
- Hall sitters Friday 9/21,Saturday 9/22 & Sunday 9/23
- Hall breakdown Sunday 9/23 6:00 pm until done
It takes many dedicated people to bring the Hall to life each year. There is something for everyone to do. Rumor has it the volunteers are fueled by chocolate snacks. For more details please call Wendy Chevalier @413-813-8629.
To BECOME an EXHIBITOR
1. Review the 2017 exhibit hall book
2. Pick your Department and Lot; complete your projects
3. Download your 2017-exhibit-hall-entry-form
4. Mail completed form to Colleen Butler, PO Box 163,West Warren ,Ma 01092
All entries must be postmarked by Sept. 8, 2018
5. Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE 2017 EXHIBIT HALL WINNERS
EXHIBIT HALL GRAND CHAMPION Cindy Brown
ANDY MICHAUD APPLE PIE CONTEST
ADULT-Molly Adams YOUTH Ashley Opalenik
HELEN PAPP AWARD Alex Lavalle
PRESTON ATWOOD AWARD Wendy McDonald
GLENN BUTLER AWARD Leonard Waite
EC HOWARD & SON AWARD No entries
HUBERT & JENNIE GREENE AWARD-Colleen Butler
LES CAMPBELL AWARD Walter Coombs
ADULT Duane Adams YOUTH Lunamarie Lee
PEOPLE’S CHOICE ADULT Cindy Brown
YOUTH 3rd grade class Swift River Elementary School
BOB WILSON AWARD Cindy Brown
ADULT Holly Rainaud-Loss
YOUTH Brandie Dumas
BEST AGRICULTURAL DISPLAY Belchertown 4H Community Garden Club
ELSIE WASKIEWICZ AWARD Aimee Henderson
BELCHERTOWN SCHOOL CLASS DISPLAY Teresa Adam,Lee Harder,Tiffany Hoar Kathryn King, Robin Murphy
JUDY BETTENCOURT AWARD Brandie Dumais
TO PICK UP YOUR ENTRIES AND COLLECT PREMIUMS
1. Entries must remain in place until Sunday, September 23 at 5:00 pm !
2. Exhibitors removing items prior to this time will be disqualified from future entries.
3. Pick-up time Sunday, September 23 between 5-6 pm
4. Only exhibitors who received a blue, red or white ribbon need to wait in line to check out and claim premium monies
Premiums for Adult & Youth entries are: (unless otherwise noted)
1st – $3.00 2nd – $2.00 3rd – $1.00
2018 MAFA STATE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
The Massachusetts Agricultural Fair Association (MAFA) is hosting a statewide photography contest. The first place winner from each member Fair will be judged at the Annual MAFA convention this November. The winning photo will be featured in one or more MAFA and MDAR publications. The winning photographer will receive special recognition and passes to many Massachusetts Fairs.
Contest Rules & Regulations:
- The photo must be exhibited in a MAFA member’s 2018 Fair by a non-professional adult and/or junior exhibitor.
- The subject must be agricultural in nature and/or depicting the agricultural aspects of a Massachusetts Fair.
- The photo must be exhibited and judged to be the best overall agricultural photo at the originating member Fair.
- Winner must supply either an 8×10 photo or a .jpeg file so an 8×10 photo can be printed (to avoid possible damage in shipping).
- The winning photograph should be taken with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- MAFA and MDAR have the right to use the winning photograph in publications promoting agriculture in the state.
2018 EXHIBIT HALL DEMOS
2018 DEMOS WILL BE UPDATED AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED
PLEASE No Pets, Service Animals always Welcome