160th Belchertown Fair Parade September 23, 2017
2017 Parade Sponsors include First Student Busing and Ken Hislop. Additional sponsors will be added as they are received.
Everyone loves a Parade and the Belchertown Fair is no exception. It has a great “Fair Day Parade. ” It is held on Fair Saturday starting at 10 AM sharp following a pre-parade band concert by the award winning BHS Marching Band. The parade route starts in the formation area on So. Main St and runs North along the Common on Main St to the corner of Rte 9 an 202. You are cordially invited to participate either as a parade participant or as part of the thousands who line the parade route ready to clap and cheer for their groups, cause, friends and neighbors. Parade entries get bigger and better each year as they incorporate the theme. This years theme is THe Fairest of Them All”. Get creative and have fun with the theme! There is a Special Judges Award for the best presentation of theme.
- The Parade steps off promptly at 10 AM on Saturday morning. The parade route is very busy. All parade participants are requested to be in place by 9AM. If you have a large float please plan on being there earlier.
- If you are a spectator, we recommend you settle into your favorite spot . Breakfast picnics have been quite popular in the pre-parade wait. And of course ,don’t miss the BHS Band concert at 9:30 on the Clapp Memorial Library Lawn.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST and PARTICIPATION IN THIS YEARS PARADE. If you do not see your name,it is because we have not received information from you. It is not too late ,call Kevin at 413-323-6654. Participants should be there early.
Will be posted 5 days before the parade. Please submit your application no later than 9/16 to be included in the lineup. Applications that are submitted after that will go to the end of the parade.
To Join in the fun:
1.THE EASIEST WAY IS TO COMPLETE THE ON LINE PARADE APPLICATION BELOW IN RED. It will automatically be submitted to the Parade Director and save you a stamp.
2. Or Download and complete a 2017 Parade Invite
3. Send the fully completed application by Sept 5,2017 with a detailed write up of your entry for the announcers to read from the reviewers stand to Belchertown Fair Parade ,PO Box 670, Belchertown 01007.
4. You will receive a written confirmation by email that your entry has been received.
5. 3-5 days before the parade,you will receive an email that will tell you the parade line up is on the website.
6. In the meantime ,put your thinking caps on and create an entry that will tell the audience about you, your group or your message.
1.Parade winners will be posted by 3PM at the Gazebo
2. Winners in the categories of Antique cars,trucks,tractors,emergency apparatus,professional and amateur marching units can pick up their ribbons and cash awards between 3-6PM. A W-9 is not necessary if you pick up in person at this time. After 6PM ,ribbons may be picked up but a check will be mailed to winner when a completed W-9 is received.
3 All other winners,Floats and Bands may pick up their ribbon at the Gazebo but payment will be done after the fair by check and will require a completed W-9. Blank-W-9-PDF
4. If you need more info, do not hesitate to call Kevin Brown 413-323-6654 or Scott Brown 413-885-3420
ON LINE PARADE APPLICATION
NEED TO AVOID THE TOWN CENTER BECAUSE OF OTHER PLANS?
Traffic can be difficult when the fair is in town especially on Saturday morning. If you are unsure of your way around the town center let us help you out.
PLEASE NO PETS, Service Animals always Welcome