Belchertown Fair is privileged to have one of the best exhibit halls in the state. With a wide variety of categories for both youth and adults, there are plenty of opportunities for local farmers and crafters, photographers and special interest groups to enter unique displays. The 2017 theme is “The Fairest of Them All”. The 2017 Exhibit Hall booklet is available for your review below. In addition hard copies may be picked up at Clapp Memorial Library, Belchertown Town Clerk’s Office, Senior Center,Ace Hardware, and the weekly farmer’s market. There are categories and special awards for everyone . Plan your entries now in your favorite category.,but be sure to look through the booklet for new categories as well. Without question, you want to be included in the fun at the Exhibit Hall fair weekend. Free demonstrations will be taking place throughout the weekend. The schedule will be posted as it is finalized.
2017 EXHIBIT HALL SPONSORS
Friends of the Fair .Additional sponsors will be added as they are received.
EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
6-8pm Exhibit Hall Drop Off
4:30-8:30 Exhibit Hall Drop Off
2:30 -6:30 Perishable Exhibit Drop Off
Doors close 6:30 for judging
All exhibits must be in place by 6:45
4-8:30 pm Open for viewing
12 Noon -8:30 pm Open for Viewing
11 AM-4:00 pm Open for viewing
5-6 pm All exhibits must be picked up!
Entries not picked up will be discarded
EXHIBIT HALL VOLUNTEERS
We need volunteers of ALL ages! There is something to do every day during fair week. No special skill required. Essential ingredient is enthusiasm, willingness to make new friends and have a great time. Tasks include:
- Hall set up-Sunday 9/17 starting at 11 AM
- Exhibit check in- Mon.9/18 6-8 PM, Tues 9/19 4:30-8:30 PM, Wed. 9/20 2:30-6:30 PM
- Judges Assistants- Weds 9/20 7:00-??
- Hall decorating youth & adult-Thurs 9/21 Noon-Evening
- Hall sitters, many time slots are available through Friday 9/22 ,Saturday 9/23 & Sunday 9/24
- Hall breakdown Sunday 9/24 5:30-done
It takes many dedicated people to bring the Hall to life each year. There is something for everyone to do.Rumor has it the volunteers are fueled by chocolate snacks. If you can help, please call Wendy Chevalier @413-813-8629.
To BECOME an EXHIBITOR
1. Review the 2017 exhibit hall book
2. Pick your Department and Lot; complete your projects
3. Download your 2017-exhibit-hall-entry-form
4. Mail completed form to Colleen Butler, PO Box 163,West Warren ,Ma 01092
All entries must be postmarked by Sept. 9, 2017
5. Email completed form to email@example.com
THE 2016 EXHIBIT HALL WINNERS
EXHIBIT HALL GRAND CHAMPION-Dale Zaleski
ANDY MICHAUD APPLE PIE CONTEST- ADULT-Aimee Henderson
HELEN PAPP AWARD- Tamara Falcone
PRESTON ATWOOD AWARD- Tamara Falcone
GLENN BUTLER AWARD- Kelly Daniels Baker
EC HOWARD & SON AWARD- Louise Butler
HUBERT & JENNIE GREENE AWARD-Lunamarie Lee
LES CAMPBELL AWARD- Shoshanna Zonderman
FAIR CAKE ADULT -Aimee Henderson
PEOPLE’S CHOICE ADULT- Ann Marie Opalenik
YOUTH -Brandi Dumais
BOB WILSON AWARD- Laurel Place
SCARECROW CONTEST -ADULT -Linda Sterling
BEST AGRICULTURAL DISPLAY- Sandy Brougham
ELSIE WASKIEWICZ AWARD-Julian Alexander
TO PICK UP YOUR EXHIBITS AND COLLECT PREMIUMS
1. Exhibits must remain in place until Sunday, September 24 at 5:00 pm !
2. Exhibitors removing items prior to this time will be disqualified from future entries
3. Pick-up time Sunday, September 24 between 5-6 pm
4.Only exhibitors who received a blue, red or white ribbon need to wait in line to check out and claim premium monies
Premiums for Adult & Youth exhibits are: (unless otherwise noted)
1st – $3.00 2nd – $2.00 3rd – $1.00
2017 MAFA STATE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
The Massachusetts Agricultural Fair Association (MAFA) is hosting a statewide photography contest. The first place winner from each member Fair will be judged at the Annual MAFA convention this November. The winning photo will be featured in one or more MAFA and MDAR publications. The winning photographer will receive special recognition and passes to many Massachusetts Fairs.
Contest Rules & Regulations:
- The photo must be exhibited in a MAFA member’s 2017 Fair by a non-professional adult and/or junior exhibitor.
- The subject must be agricultural in nature and/or depicting the agricultural aspects of a Massachusetts Fair.
- The photo must be exhibited and judged to be the best overall agricultural photo at the originating member Fair.
- Winner must supply either an 8×10 photo or a .jpeg file so an 8×10 photo can be printed (to avoid possible damage in shipping).
- The winning photograph should be taken with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- MAFA and MDAR have the right to use the winning photograph in publications promoting agriculture in the state.
General Department 60 Giant Pumpkin Contest
EXHIBIT HALL DEMOS
Friday- 4-5:30 PM Coffee with a Cop
4-5:30 PM Exhibit Hall Scavenger Hunt
5:30-7 PM Robotics Demo-Pioneer valley 4H
7- 8:30 PM Community Fiber Art Project
Saturday- 12:30-2 PM Oil Painting w/ Audrey Safford
1:30-3 PM Coffee with a Cop
3- 4:30 PM Belchertown Community Garden
4:30-6PM Rock Painting
6- 7:30 PM “Sneaky Art” with Joanne & Erin
Sunday 11-12:30 PM Scavenger Hunt
12:30-2 PM Embroidery Demo-Decorative Stitches with Gloria
2-4 PM Jewelry Design with Darcy
PLEASE No Pets, Service Animals always Welcome