Belchertown Fair is a family oriented, community event which started as an agricultural gathering 161 years ago. Although we have added many activities over the years, we remain true to our small town roots. The goal is family participation in a safe environment at a reasonable cost. There is no admission and many free activities including music all weekend long. All of this adds to a continual stream of fair goers seeing what else there is to eat or purchase. We want it to be fun for vendors as well as fair goers.
2018 Vendor Applications will be on the website by March 15. Before then if you are a new potential vendor please take the time to read the 2017 vendor info carefully. It is essential that you understand what we can and cannot do.
- We cannot guarantee that you will have the same space as last year. Because the fair is held on the common, which is populated with new and old trees, we require flexibility in booth placement.
- Each year we have new and returning vendors. We do the best we can to place you in a compatible spots.
- Please do not assume that you can have a bigger spot if you are a returning vendor. We are working with significant space limitations.
- Tents which have cooking underneath them must comply with Ma fire safety requirements. This impacts the availability of space impacts as well as location. Any questions?, contact Cindy at 413-323-6654.
- Do not wait too long. We fill quickly and move to a wait list only situation.We will be expanding our operations to will make us more ecologically responsive. We support all efforts that are mindful of our need to protect our environment. We ask that no Styrofoam be used this year. All food and beverage containers should be biodegradable.We are currently exploring handling of our trash. More info will be shared as this area develops.
- Each year we sponsor a Decorated Booth Contest which uses the theme of the Fair in the booth presentation. There are 2 winners,adult and youth , with each receiving $50 refund. This makes the fair grounds more fun and encourages fair-goers to take a closer look at each vendor and what they have to offer. The theme of the 2018 fair is “Wheels and Squeels”.
TO BECOME A VENDOR
1. Review”Frequently Asked Vendor Question 160 Application Info PDF“. If you continue to have questions contact Cindy Brown at 413-323-6654.
2. Download and complete the 160 Booth App-PDF.
3. Send it with the appropriate payment to Belchertown Fair,PO Box 670, Belchertown, MA, 01007 Attention Cindy
4. If appropriate download and complete the BOH-app PDF. Forward with payment to BOH, PO Box670,Belchertown, Ma
6. You will receive a written confirmation when your application is approved.
7. Do not set up until you have checked in at the Gazebo to insure there have been no changes during marking spaces.
8. Set up times Weds Noon-5PM, Thursday 9Am-6PM ,Friday 8AM to NOON. Inspections are between Noon and 3 PM.